Arrachera is one of the most popular cuts for beef. It’s a beefy tasting cut best cooked quickly over high heat. Perfect for when you need great tacos and fast. When you make these tacos the secret is salt and salsa. You want to salt the meat well and choose a bold salsa.
- Gather your ingredients.
- 2 lbs. arrachera (skirt steak)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 bunch of spring onions.
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 8 limes
- Preheat a dry heavy bottomed pan to medium hot and place the spring onions in the pan.
- When the onions have browned well on one side turn.
- Set aside while you cook the meat.
- Preheat a thick bottomed pan to hot.
- Slice the meat into 3/4″ wide strips that are about 3″ long. The strips may look a little wide but they will shrink during cooking. Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil and then place the meat in the pan and salt well.
- The meat will give off a lot of liquid while cooking.
- When the liquid has evaporated and the meat is nicely browned. It is ready to serve.
How to serve
- Place a 2 or 3 strips of the cooked meat on a warm tortilla and serve with your favorite salsa, charred spring onions and sliced limes.